Again in red, white and blue colours
Friday, 29 June 2012
Thursday, 28 June 2012
I bought a skirt from Ebay for a fiver. It is blue/chambray, linen Boden, although a little too long at calf length.
rubbish photo...ebay one - too tiny.
So I cut off about 5 inches and sewed bias binding to the hem. Then I added some heart patches - all ready for my themed fete on Saturday. I'm on a roll baby!
What do you think?
Wednesday, 27 June 2012
Thinking caps on....a few things that I have come up with so far, continuing on with the Jubilee/Olympics theme. It started with red, white and blue...
The Queen of Hearts
using a hessian sack from my husband's factory..
rather scrappy looking, but transformed...
by my husband - I used the wrong colours (apparently!)
I love the little details he added....he was itching to get his hands on them!
Of course you have to throw in a bit of bunting...
and pirate flags..little treasure maps to go inside chests that I've made in school with the children, along with hats. More pics soon..
I've found some more pictures! I made these in school- we printed the 'waves' with string which we coiled up onto a circle of card. The boat was collaged with newspaper and paper that we printed. One of my favourite things to do is to go to IKEA and find alternative uses for their products. The dots were printed with a jelly-like roll of drawer liner from the kitchen department (just googled it, it's called RATIONELL VARIERA).
and the bunting, nearly finished..oops, just noticed that I've sewn one on the wrong way around, so excuse me I have some unpicking to do..and I've also just burnt the rhubarb crumble..do other people live in this house??? really!! I've got a blog to write!
Tuesday, 5 June 2012
The table numbers. Big shot Pro used for these labels (Sizzix Album Tags). Roses: flowers 3D, Frame scallop oval die.
The favour gift tags. Sizzix framelits used again for the hearts.(heart 657561 and scalloped heart 657562). I punched a hole and added curling ribbon to attach to the gift bags.
The suitcase table plan. I lined it with a candy striped paper and doilies. I used Sizzix framelits to make the flag bunting ( Pennant plain 657570 and Pennant scallop 657571). My other half drilled holes into the sides to thread the ribbon through.
The bunting. I managed to find a really pretty green, scalloped binding on ebay.
The bunting in action
The table cards, menu and gift tags in action
The gift bags contained love heart sweets, jelly hearts and chocolate hearts.
I used the same cake design on the menu cards as the invitations. A mirror disc was centred, with my vintage glass cakestand collection put to good use. Ikea vases and tealights with vanilla scented candles, silk roses.
The Order of Service.
I used the ticket design on the front with a paper rose for the Bride and Groom as they had the full service in theirs, with a small loveheart for the guests. These were tricky as the service was a full Catholic Mass. The Priest had asked us to print the whole thing! which was 12 A4 pages long! We managed to reduce it to 8 pages, so it was 2 sheets of A4 in booklet form - A5. All this just 2 days before the wedding 45 booklets - wow, was I stressed. Luckily my other half was put to good use with the (temperamental) printer. Then sticking them in. I thought about stitching them together, or punching 2 holes and threading ribbon...but in the end I used a cocktail stick to place glue in the folds to stick it all together.