Saturday 2 July 2016

Liberty quilt and bunny

School Fete time again - I did some of the usual favourites...
Hessian hearts with a small Cath Kidston fabric heart, ironed on and filled with lavender.



 A bunny for the raffle made with Japanese Zakka Linen and Liberty Tana Lawn fabric ears. I couldn't find a pattern, but liked photos I'd seen on Pinterest and just had a go at drawing it myself. I knew I wanted long skinny legs and floppy ears. 


Cotton pantaloons and a Liberty dress


A new mattress and bedding


and of course... a grandmother's flower garden quilt in Liberty pinks.



Firm favourites - beanbag Fergie Frogs ( I could have sold loads - sold out very quickly). I do have a clever marketing ploy though...I use these handmade frogs every play time to practise throw and catch with the children at school. So they are all eager to buy one. I just can't make them quickly enough. 


I bought a second hand Ikea doll's bed, and with the help of my husband who put in a new baseboard,  it was as good as new. 



I'm so pleased - I sold over 100 raffle tickets for the bunny at £1 each! A grand total of £280 raised on my stall - £3000 overall for our fete!


No comments:

Post a Comment