Sunday 11 February 2018

Henri Rousseau Art


For our topic, 'Mini Zoo' I decided to create our picture inspired by Henri Rousseau, using the Gelli Plate, incorporating printing and collage.


The background of light green printing ink made up the first layer. 


Then with a second layer of a darker shade of green, I used the Gelli plate to print leaves. To save time, one child had the negative print, then the next child had the positive leaf print. This created our 'jungle' background. 


The children then drew their own monkeys onto an A5 piece of white paper. This was cut out and glued onto the background print. 




Then some paper flowers and leaves were added for colour.




I worked with 60 year 1 children over 2 morning sessions.
Last year, I used oil pastels, with a watercolour wash, then collage. But I think this year's are more vivid in colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment